This is my very favorite meal.
It tastes delicious, it’s a complete meal in one dish, and it looks pretty. It’s also the most complicated recipe I’ve ever posted. This seems like wonderful note to end on. So, without further ado, cheddar ham ring around.
1 cup fresh or frozen chopped broccoli, uncooked.
1/4 a cup of chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes
2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons of mustard (the condiment, not the spice)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
1/4 of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of chunked ham, drained and separated into chunks
1 8-oz can Pillsbury Refrigerated Quick Crescent Dinner Roles
Grated cheddar cheese
Part 1: The Filling
1. Heat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Cook and drain the broccoli.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the parsley, onion, mustard, margarine, and lemon juice. Blend it up real good.
4. Add the cheese, broccoli, and ham. Mix it up a bit.
5. Set all that aside for the time being.
Part II: The Ring
1. Separate the crescent dough into 8 identical right triangles with sides of unequal length.
2. Grease a cookie sheet.
3. Arrange the triangles in a regular octagon with the bases overlapping. The short side of each triangle should be towards the inside of the octagon, and the interior should be about 3 inches in diameter.
Part C: Bringing It All Together
1. Spoon the filling onto the ring evenly over the bases of the triangles.
2. Fold the points over the filling and tuck them under the bases of the triangles at the center.
3. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. Bake at 350 °F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve hot.