Merry Christmas, everyone!
After Jesus, the food is just about the most important thing about Christmas. And here’s something for you to make this year! Your family and friends will be just THRILLED this Christmas by….
Ahem. I’ve just been informed that Christmas, in fact, is now over. Well, there’s always next year. And until then, feel free to simply omit the green and red sprinkles.
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
25 saltine crackers
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Christmas sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil up both sides and the ends.
3. Put saltines in 4×6 rows in the bottom of the pan.
4. In a saucepan, melt 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup of sugar together and
boil for exactly 3 minutes.
5. Pour it evenly over the saltines. Do this carefully, because the mixture won’t spread.
6. Bake 7 minutes at 400 degrees until golden and very bubbly all over.
7. Pour chocolate chips over the top and let them have a
moment to melt.
8. Gently spread the chocolate chips to smooth them over
9. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate
until hard and cool.
10. Break or cut into pieces. Enjoy!