The above picture is microwaved leftovers, and it still looks delicious, doesn’t it? Imagine how much more awesome this stuff must be fresh! This is delicious, pretty healthy, and super easy: it’s a win win win!
12 ounces pasta (I used spaghetti)
2 cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes with liquid
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 large sweet onion, cut up
4 cloves garlic, diced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 ½ cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Place pasta, tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, basil in large stock pot.
- Pour in vegetable broth.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and oregano leaves.
- Drizzle on top with oil.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes so it doesn’t stick.
- Cook until only about a half inch of liquid is left in the bottom.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.